Study MBBS in Karaganda Medical University
Karaganda medical University was founded in 1950, and has a rich history to this day.In 2018, the University was awarded 3 stars in the QS Stars rating.The University is included in the WHO world directory of medical schools and is a member of the associations AMEE, ASME, ORPHEUS, EUA, UMAP, IADE, and AMEA.By the decision of the Government in 2019, the University received the status of a research University. Karaganda medical University is the leading medical University in Kazakhstan for training qualified specialists for the health care system, which has a high reputation in the field of educational, scientific and medical services.
The training of doctors at the medical University of Karaganda is focused on the development of practical skills and research skills.Simulation technologies and distance learning are widely used at the University.in particular, the Simulation center of our University is the first and only one among the CIS countries.The University provides training in Kazakh, Russian and English at all levels of training: 8 bachelor’s programs, 9 master’s programs, 29 residency programs and 4 doctoral programs.And in the following areas: health and social security (medicine), engineering, natural Sciences, and interdisciplinary.
The graduates are the main university certificate. More than 33 thousand highly qualified doctors successfully and favorably work in all regions of Kazakhstan as well as near and far abroad. Three of KSMU graduates in different years headed the medical service of the country: the RK Minister of Health (1971-1982), academician of the Russian academy of medical sciences and the National academy of sciences of the RK, laureate of the State prize of the RK and professor Toregeldy Sharmanovich Sharmanov; the Minister of Health (2006 -2008), laureate State prize of the RK and doctor of medical sciences Anatoliy Grigorevich Dernovoi; the RK Minister of Health (2010-2014), doctor of medical sciences Salidat Zekenovna Kairbekova.
Every year, more than 97% of graduates are employed both in Kazakhstan and abroad.The University has 2 recreation areas and 6 dormitories with a total area of 30142.9. 2500 students live in the hostel. It is planned to build a 400-bed dormitory in 2019-2021.The University has a Department for youth work, which works for the formation and development of students ‘ active citizenship, social responsibility, high spiritual, moral and legal culture. It also forms an anti-corruption culture among students. Develops aesthetic and moral qualities of the future doctor’s personality, teamwork skills, and organizes student volunteer movements. To realize the creative abilities of students, the Department organizes creative circles and clubs, which include folk and modern dance, vocal, theater, inventive art, dombra orchestra, choir, KVN and the club of young journalists.
Glance Features of Karaganda Medical University
|Last Date to Apply|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 with 60%|
|Course Duration||5 + 1 year internship|
|Medium of Education||English, Kazakh & Russian|
|University Ranking||Country – 24|
World – 6197
|University Recognition||PMC and MCI WHO approved.|
Benifits of Studying Mbbs in Karaganda Medical University
Following are the advantages of studying MBBS in Karaganda State Medical University:
- The degrees and diplomas from the university are recognized world wide.
- This is the most significant university in Kazakhstan.
- This university ranks among the top 50 best universities in the Kazakhstan.
- With the Association of medical education in Europe(AMEE), Great Britain, and World federation of medical education the university has collaborations.
- Karaganda is a peace loving country. Thus, a very nice place to study and live.
- The university has the best and highly qualified teaching faculty.
- The tuition fees and the hostel fees are very low compared to other countries.
MBBS Fee structure of Karaganda Medical Institute
Here are the approx tuition fee and hostel fee for Karaganda State Medical University:
|Fee in USD (approx) Per Semster||1750 $|
Management Charges, Residence Permit/Visa Extension, Medical Checkup, Airport Pickup etc. (only First Tine)
|Total Fees For First Semster||3850 $|
2nd Semester to onward every semester (Tuition + Hostel) : 1750+300=2050 U$D
Note: Student will pay for Food Expenses (Mess) approx. 100$ per Month by themselves, Which is extra to fee package.
MBBS Course Duration In Karaganda University
The duration for studying MBBS at Karaganda State Medical University is mentioned below:
- The course duration for the MBBS course at Karaganda State Medical University is 6-years.
- The last year out of the total 6 years is dedicated for internship.
Syllabus of Mbbs in Karaganda Medical Institute
The complete syllabus for studying MBBS at Karaganda State Medical University in Kazakhstan is as follows:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Pharmacology||Path – Physiology|
4th -6th Year
|General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care medicine, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry.Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
Karaganda State Medical University-Rankings 2023
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country & world ranking for Karaganda State Medical University:
Medium of Teaching
The medium of instruction for students studying at Karaganda State Medical University is:
- Different medicine courses at Karaganda State Medical University are imparted in 3 languages Kazakh, Russian, and English.
- For international students studying at this university it becomes easier as the courses are taught in the English language.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Karaganda State Medical University has high ratings in the world ranking systems and its MD degrees have following Recognition and Accreditation:
PAKISTAN MEDICAL COMMISSION (PMC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Ministry of education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Hostel and Accommodation
Karaganda State Medical University offers excellent accommodation facilities:
- Students are provided with sharing rooms in hostels.
- Rooms are equipped with attached bathrooms.
- Beds and Bedsheets are provided by the university.
- All other things like a pillow, blanket, chair, and tables are provided in a room.
- A common kitchen, as well as a mess facility, is available for students.
- A 24 hours security service for the safety of students.
Registration for accommodation:
- For registration in the dormitories of Karaganda State Medical University, applicants need to submit their age certificate declaring the age under 18.
- If the applicant hasn’t registered then an administrative fine will be applicable as per the rule.
- The applicant must have a birth certificate with a valid IIN.
About Karaganda City
Some of the interesting things about Karaganda city are given below:
The ‘Karaganda’ city is located near to capital of Kazakhstan. It is one of the main financial and economic center of the country. Karaganda is known as education hub of the country as many students from the world come to study in this city.
The city takes special care of student’s safety, especially for foreign students and thus the Karaganda city is also known as ‘City of Peace’.
The Karaganda city is well connected to the other cities of the country by bus, railway and air routes etc.
Karaganda city has rich cultural history. There are 3 theaters, 3 museums and about 50 monuments of history and culture in the city.
Fees Includes: PMC exam training course, Pakistani teaching staff, Online examination fee, eligibility
certificate, recruitment, publicity charges and Service charges.
Note: visa extension and medical approximately 100$ not included in fee.
Note: Company and university doesn’t bear the responsibility for over charging more than above mention
amount. Consultants are allowed to charge consultancy fee within amount 500 USD in their home country
We don’t require any attestation, medical or police certificate.
Step 1; Admission letter will provide within 48 hours after receiving FSC marksheet Minimum 60 % marks
Step 2, Visa approval and invitation will provide within 10 days after receiving passport copy.
Step 3, Visa stamping from Kazakh embassy in Islamabad, please take documents in embassy.
(Invitation letter, Filled visa Application form, Recent Passport size photo, original passport, Copy of
passport and CNIC, Travel Insurance Certificate, (Medical Certificate hiv, hcv, chest X-ray, TB
test),Copy of travel ticket, receipt visa fee).